Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/serve/serve-illinois-foundation/publishingimages/publicalliesreading.jpg
Through a variety of activities, the Illinois Commission strives to increase awareness and the importance of traditional volunteerism to the citizens of Illinois. The Commission provides assistance to volunteers, volunteer organizations, government agencies, and the public at large through a variety of activities, including:
- Promoting national service days.
- Enhancing volunteerism and service through awards and other recognition opportunities.
- Providing individuals and organizations with informational materials such as the SERVE Illinois newsletter and other fact sheets.
- Assisting in the training and professional development of Illinois' volunteer managers.
- Co-sponsoring conferences and training throughout the state.