AMERICORPS STATE AND NATIONAL GRANTS
AmeriCorps Notice of Funding Opportunities
AmeriCorps State and National is a single program, the largest in the AmeriCorps suite of programs, which annually sees more than 65,000 members serve each year from hundreds of nonprofit organizations, public agencies, and faith-based organizations nationwide. These dedicated members provide an abundance of services to the communities where they’re deployed. Members have helped teach computer skills, build affordable housing, clean parks, and streams, assist communities in response to disasters, and a variety of other activities. Roughly three-quarters of all AmeriCorps State and National grant dollars go through and are administered by Governor-appointed state service commissions such as the Serve Illinois Commission. The Serve Illinois Commission has two Illinois AmeriCorps grant opportunities that are also known as AmeriCorps State & National Grants. There is also the ARP Planning Grant – all new applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this grant if you plan to apply for other Illinois AmeriCorps grants. Lastly, there is the Public Health AmeriCorps funding opportunity. Here is information about the corresponding grant opportunities:
2023-2024 ILLINOIS AMERICORPS COMPETITIVE COHORT CONTINUATION FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
The 2023-2024 Illinois AmeriCorps Competitive Cohort Funding Opportunity is a continuation grant. Key information about this grant is as follows:
- Only existing awardees that are currently a part of the 2022-2023 Illinois AmeriCorps Competitive Cohort are eligible. Eligible applicants should contact their Illinois AmeriCorps program officer for application instructions and associated deadlines.
- Former Competitive Cohort awardees and current Formula Funded Cohort awardees are not eligible.
- New applicants that operate at a multi-state level (national direct applicants) are not eligible for Illinois AmeriCorps Competitive Cohort funding.
- New applicants providing professional core programming are not eligible for Illinois AmeriCorps Competitive Cohort funding.
- New and returning applicants should consider applying for the 2023-2024 Illinois AmeriCorps Formula Cohort Grant.
2023-2024 ILLINOIS AMERICORPS FORMULA COHORT FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
The Serve Illinois Commission will release information about AmeriCorps State and National Formula Funding in the winter of 2023. Please check back after January 2, 2023 for any updates. In the meantime, to learn more about the AmeriCorps State & National program in general, please visit this website:
If you would like to connect with Serve Illinois with questions about this opportunity please contact us at: email@example.com.
2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Workforce Development Senior Demonstration Project Grant
The AmeriCorps Agency is happy to announce that the 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Workforce Development Senior Demonstration Project (SDP) Notice of Funding Opportunity has been released, and applications are due February 1, 2023 at 5 pm EST.
Approved Workforce Development grants will support projects focused on supporting older adults aged 55 or older as they seek to secure employment in professional, skilled labor, or para-professional careers.
Approximately $5,000,000 in funds will be available for FY 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Workforce Development awards. The actual level of funding is subject to the availability of appropriations. AmeriCorps anticipates making three-year grant awards and awarding all three years at one time. Successful applicants will be issued awards by late June 2023 for a period of performance starting July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2026.
Applicants are required to match funds equal to 10 percent of their total requested 3-year program budget. The applicant’s match can be non-AmeriCorps cash and/or in-kind contributions.
For this workforce demonstration, AmeriCorps Seniors will be using a cost per placement (CPP) budget model. The cost per placement is the cost to support the placement of unduplicated volunteers.
Technical Assistance & Training Webinars:
Midwest Region Live Information Session and Q&A
- Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 1:00pm ET
- Click here to join on Zoom (Meeting ID: 161 205 6192; Passcode: 275261)
Touring the Notice of Funding Opportunity
· Wednesday, December 14, 2022, at 3:30 pm ET - Register here
· Wednesday January 4, 2023, at 3:30 pm ET - Register here
Best Practices in Budget Development
· Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at 2:30 pm ET - Register here
SDP Applicant Question and Answer Session
· Thursday, January 12, 2023, at 3:30pm ET - Register here
(coming soon – visit the WFD NOFO page on americorps.gov for updates)
· Introducing AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps Seniors, and its Programs to Mobilize a Generation
· Submitting Your Application in eGrants
· How to Complete AmeriCorps Seniors Work Plans
Contacting the Midwest Region or the AmeriCorps Grants inbox is not a requirement to apply.
If this funding opportunity is not right for you, please share this opportunity with any of your community partners. Thank you for your consideration.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/serve/americorps/publishingimages/americorps-stackedlogo-navy.jpg