AMERICORPS STATE AND NATIONAL GRANTS
AmeriCorps Notice of Funding Opportunities
AmeriCorps State and National is a single program, the largest in the AmeriCorps suite of programs, which annually sees more than 65,000 members serve each year from hundreds of nonprofit organizations, public agencies, and faith-based organizations nationwide. These dedicated members provide an abundance of services to the communities where they’re deployed. Members have helped teach computer skills, build affordable housing, clean parks, and streams, assist communities in response to disasters, and a variety of other activities. Roughly three-quarters of all AmeriCorps State and National grant dollars go through and are administered by Governor-appointed state service commissions such as the Serve Illinois Commission. Upon successful completion of their service, members may earn a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award that they can use to pay for higher education expenses or apply to qualified student loans.
The Serve Illinois Commission has two Illinois AmeriCorps grant opportunities that are also known as AmeriCorps State & National Grants. There is also the ARP Planning Grant – all new applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this grant if you plan to apply for other Illinois AmeriCorps grants. Lastly, there is the Public Health AmeriCorps funding opportunity. Here is information about the corresponding grant opportunities:
2023-2024 ILLINOIS AMERICORPS FORMULA COHORT FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
FY24 Formula Traditional Notice of Funding Opportunity
The FY24 Formula Traditional Notice of Funding Opportunity has been rescinded. The NOFO will be posted soon with an updated due date.
2023-2024 ILLINOIS AMERICORPS COMPETITIVE COHORT CONTINUATION FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
The 2023-2024 Illinois AmeriCorps Competitive Cohort Funding Opportunity is a continuation grant. Key information about this grant is as follows:
- Only existing awardees that are currently a part of the 2022-2023 Illinois AmeriCorps Competitive Cohort are eligible. Eligible applicants should contact their Illinois AmeriCorps program officer for application instructions and associated deadlines.
- Former Competitive Cohort awardees and current Formula Funded Cohort awardees are not eligible.
- New applicants that operate at a multi-state level (national direct applicants) are not eligible for Illinois AmeriCorps Competitive Cohort funding.
- New applicants providing professional core programming are not eligible for Illinois AmeriCorps Competitive Cohort funding.
- New and returning applicants should consider applying for the 2023-2024 Illinois AmeriCorps Formula Cohort Grant.