AMERICORPS STATE AND NATIONAL GRANTS
AmeriCorps Notice of Funding Opportunities
AmeriCorps State and National is a single program, the largest in the AmeriCorps suite of programs, which annually sees more than 65,000 members serve each year from hundreds of nonprofit organizations, public agencies, and faith-based organizations nationwide. These dedicated members provide an abundance of services to the communities where they’re deployed. Members have helped teach computer skills, build affordable housing, clean parks, and streams, assist communities in response to disasters, and a variety of other activities. Roughly three-quarters of all AmeriCorps State and National grant dollars go through and are administered by Governor-appointed state service commissions such as the Serve Illinois Commission. The Serve Illinois Commission has two Illinois AmeriCorps grant opportunities that are also known as AmeriCorps State & National Grants. There is also the ARP Planning Grant – all new applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for this grant if you plan to apply for other Illinois AmeriCorps grants. Lastly, there is the Public Health AmeriCorps funding opportunity. Here is information about the corresponding grant opportunities:
2023-2024 ILLINOIS AMERICORPS COMPETITIVE COHORT CONTINUATION FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
The 2023-2024 Illinois AmeriCorps Competitive Cohort Funding Opportunity is a continuation grant. Key information about this grant is as follows:
- Only existing awardees that are currently a part of the 2022-2023 Illinois AmeriCorps Competitive Cohort are eligible. Eligible applicants should contact their Illinois AmeriCorps program officer for application instructions and associated deadlines.
- Former Competitive Cohort awardees and current Formula Funded Cohort awardees are not eligible.
- New applicants that operate at a multi-state level (national direct applicants) are not eligible for Illinois AmeriCorps Competitive Cohort funding.
- New applicants providing professional core programming are not eligible for Illinois AmeriCorps Competitive Cohort funding.
- New and returning applicants should consider applying for the 2023-2024 Illinois AmeriCorps Formula Cohort Grant.
2023-2024 ILLINOIS AMERICORPS FORMULA COHORT FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
The Serve Illinois Commission will release information about AmeriCorps State and National Formula Funding in the winter of 2023. Please check back after January 2, 2023 for any updates. In the meantime, to learn more about the AmeriCorps State & National program in general, please visit this website:
If you would like to connect with Serve Illinois with questions about this opportunity please contact us at: email@example.com.
ILLINOIS PUBLIC HEALTH AMERICORPS FUNDING OPPORTUNITY
Public Health AmeriCorps will include a 400 million dollar investment, over five years, from the American Rescue Plan Act workforce funding that will enable the recruitment, training, and development of a new generation of public health leaders who are ready to respond to the public health needs of the nation by providing public health service in communities. This opportunity in Illinois is open to applicants operating only in the State of Illinois.
Public Health AmeriCorps goals include:
- Help meet the public health needs of local communities by providing needed capacity and support in state and local public health settings and advancing more equitable health outcomes for communities who are currently or historically underserved.
- Provide pathways to good quality public health-related careers by providing exposure through onsite experience, training, and more, with a focus on recruiting AmeriCorps members who reflect the communities in which they will serve.
AmeriCorps’ priorities for this funding opportunity include:
- Efforts to help local communities respond to and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants may propose programming to aid communities in their efforts to recover from the COVID-19 pandemic, including public health challenges that have been exacerbated by the pandemic, such as mental health and substance abuse.
- Programs creating pathways to good-quality public health-related careers through onsite experience and training (including pre-apprenticeship or registered apprenticeship programs, work experience and job training programs, and other workforce training and development programs),
- Organizations leading service in communities with concentrated poverty, rural communities, tribal communities, and those organizations serving historically underrepresented and underserved individuals, including but not limited to communities of color, immigrants and refugees, people with disabilities, people who identify as part of the LGBTQIA+ community, people with arrest and/or conviction records, and religious minorities.
Notice of Funding Release
The Public Health AmeriCorps (Illinois) — Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) 23-444-80-2970 is open and can be found on the IDHS Grant Information Page: IDHS: Public Health AmeriCorps (Illinois) Notice of Funding Opportunity (23-444-80-2970) (state.il.us)
Applications for this opportunity are due by 11:59 a.m. on December 13, 2022. Instructions for completing and submitting an application can be found in Section D of the Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO).
Information regarding prequalification requirements for the Greater Illinois Training, Technical Assistance and Support (GI-TTAS)Notice of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) can be accessed here: IDHS: Grant Application Information and Instructions (state.il.us)
If you have questions about this NOFO and/or would like to attend a Technical Assistance Session (Bidder’s Conference), please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions (or FAQ) webpage that can be accessed here: IDHS: 23-444-80-2970 Public Health AmeriCorps (Illinois) Appendices, Technical Assistance Session and Q and A (state.il.us)
Technical Assistance Webinars
FY23 AmeriCorps State and National Public Health AmeriCorps NOFO Webinar/Info Session:
Please visit the session recording if you were unable to join the AmeriCorps Agency for this session that took place on October 6, 2022 or would like a refresher on the content covered.
Description: AmeriCorps hosted a technical assistance webinar for Public Health AmeriCorps applicants to answer questions about the funding opportunity and eGrants (AmeriCorps web-based grant management system).
Illinois AmeriCorps Public Health AmeriCorps NOFO Webinar/Info Session
Description: The Serve Illinois Commission is hosting a technical assistance webinar for Illinois Public Health AmeriCorps applicants planning to operate only in the State of Illinois. This webinar will focus on all aspects of the application process including requirements from the State of Illinois and The Serve Illinois Commission.
For more information on this opportunity visit this website: https://americorps.gov/funding-opportunity/fy-2022-americorps-state-national-public-health-americorps#Mandatory%20Supp or send an email to: DHS.ILAMFY2023NOFO@illinois.gov
The video recordings include external links to YouTube's video platform. YouTube's privacy and security practices and policies may differ from AmeriCorps', State of Illinois, IDHS or the Serve Illinois Commission. AmeriCorps, the State of Illinois, IDHS, and the Serve Illinois Commission are not responsible for these links nor does it endorse the content of the third-party website.
Past Technical Assistance Session: FY23 AmeriCorps State and National Public Health AmeriCorps NOFO Webinar/Info Session:
Thursday, October 6th from 1:00 to 2:00 pm ET
Please visit the session recording to listen to the recording of this session.
Description: AmeriCorps is hosting a technical assistance webinar for Public Health AmeriCorps applicants to answer questions about the funding opportunity and eGrants (AmeriCorps web-based grant management system).
2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Workforce Development Senior Demonstration Project Grant
The AmeriCorps Agency is happy to announce that the 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Workforce Development Senior Demonstration Project (SDP) Notice of Funding Opportunity has been released, and applications are due February 1, 2023 at 5 pm EST.
Approved Workforce Development grants will support projects focused on supporting older adults aged 55 or older as they seek to secure employment in professional, skilled labor, or para-professional careers.
Approximately $5,000,000 in funds will be available for FY 2023 AmeriCorps Seniors Workforce Development awards. The actual level of funding is subject to the availability of appropriations. AmeriCorps anticipates making three-year grant awards and awarding all three years at one time. Successful applicants will be issued awards by late June 2023 for a period of performance starting July 1, 2023, through June 30, 2026.
Applicants are required to match funds equal to 10 percent of their total requested 3-year program budget. The applicant’s match can be non-AmeriCorps cash and/or in-kind contributions.
For this workforce demonstration, AmeriCorps Seniors will be using a cost per placement (CPP) budget model. The cost per placement is the cost to support the placement of unduplicated volunteers.
Technical Assistance & Training Webinars:
Midwest Region Live Information Session and Q&A
- Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 1:00pm ET
- Click here to join on Zoom (Meeting ID: 161 205 6192; Passcode: 275261)
Touring the Notice of Funding Opportunity
· Wednesday, December 14, 2022, at 3:30 pm ET - Register here
· Wednesday January 4, 2023, at 3:30 pm ET - Register here
Best Practices in Budget Development
· Wednesday, January 11, 2023, at 2:30 pm ET - Register here
SDP Applicant Question and Answer Session
· Thursday, January 12, 2023, at 3:30pm ET - Register here
(coming soon – visit the WFD NOFO page on americorps.gov for updates)
· Introducing AmeriCorps, AmeriCorps Seniors, and its Programs to Mobilize a Generation
· Submitting Your Application in eGrants
· How to Complete AmeriCorps Seniors Work Plans
Contacting the Midwest Region or the AmeriCorps Grants inbox is not a requirement to apply.
If this funding opportunity is not right for you, please share this opportunity with any of your community partners. Thank you for your consideration.
Image source: /content/dam/soi/en/web/serve/americorps/publishingimages/americorps-stackedlogo-navy.jpg